Jack and Suzy used their last little bit of savings and bought a “fixer-upper” of a house. Their friends asked them if they were crazy to spend all their money on a home they couldn’t really live in. Everything needed fixing. Everything that is but the shutters on the windows. They were in perfect condition.
They told everyone that now that they didn’t have to pay rent each month they could put their paychecks towards fixing the house up. They made up a list of what needed to be done and in what order and then started to price things out.
They came to realize that at the rate they were going it would take till they retired to finish up this house and make it livable. They didn’t even have electricity or running water. The electrician said the whole house would need to be rewired in order to be safe. The plumber said the house would need new pipes in order to have running water and a toilet. There was no hear or air conditioning either. It was summertime so the heat wasn’t a problem, but it was hot as heck in there with no air conditioning.
They decided they had no choice but to sell it. Unfortunately it seemed they paid way too much for the property and they couldn’t get back the full amount they paid. They took a major loss on reselling the property, but they had no choice. They re-rented their old apartment and put what little was left back into savings. Jack and Suzy stopped watching those tv shows that showed people buying old houses, fixing them up and making a killing off of them.
Hey there! Welcome to the 8th annual Just Jot it January challenge! This year is going to be far simpler than the last couple of years. One prompt per day, link to that post, that’s it. Details below.
But why should you participate in this challenge? To keep the ol’ fingers warm and meet up with an awesome blogging community, that’s why! Just Jot it January, AKA JusJoJan, is a challenge to write a post every day of the month of January. We’ve grown from a handful of participants in 2014 to close to fifty for the past couple of years. Let’s see if we can make it to sixty this year!
Here are the JusJoJan Rules:
1. Just Jot It January starts January 1st, but it’s never too late to join in! Here, we run on the honour system; the “jot it” part of JusJoJan means that anything you jot down, anywhere (it doesn’t have to be a post, it can even be a grocery list), counts as a “jot.” If it makes it to your blog that day, great! If it waits a week to get from a sticky note to your screen, no problem!
2. I’ll post prompts at 2am my time (GMT -5). The prompt will be the word in quotation marks in the title of my 2am post. You don’t have to follow the prompt every day, but that will be where you leave your link for others to see. You’ll get a prompt for every day except Wednesday, when the prompt is simply my One-Liner Wednesday and on Saturday, when your prompt will be the Friday Reminder and Prompt for #SoCS, which will appear at about 9:30am Friday. Each prompt post will include the rules.
3. Please ping back or link to the daily prompt. To ping back, just copy the URL from the daily prompt post, and paste it anywhere in your post. Check to make sure your link shows up where you want it to, and go back occasionally to see other bloggers’ entries – the more you visit others, the more they’ll visit you! Note: A) The newest pingbacks will be at the top of the comments section. B) Ping backs only work if you’re blogging on WordPress. Everyone else must paste a link manually.
4. Tag your post JusJoJan and/or #JusJoJan.
5. Write anything! Any length will do! It can even be a photo or a drawing – you’re going to title it, right? There’s your jot!
6. If your post is NSFW, do not ping back. Please leave your link in the comments with a warning.
7. If you’d like to, use the JusJoJan badge so that others can find your post more easily.
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses
New Author’s Website –http://www.tessadeanauthor.com
Author – Old Writing – http://www.finallyawriter.com
About my life – http://www.tessacandoit.com
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.
I am also a youtuber in the authortube section on writing. See my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSpNS-6gfJ0s8eD1berLwQg