Friday I had an appointment with my hair stylist and since she is so popular I had to wait three weeks for this appointment. So yesterday, just before my appointment, I was talking to my neighbor about how long I had been waiting for this appointment and my hair was so shaggy and long. So I said to him “Come Hell or high water” I was going to this appointment and I already had one problem since my walker wheel had come off and I was struggling with the old aluminum one I had, but I was going to get my hair done, dammit!
- Barely moments after I said this there was a tremendously loud crash of thunder and a huge lightning bolt hit very close. I had rarely heard thunder that loud and so I guess the storm was right on top of us and then another neighbor comes running down the hall.
- She goes that lightning bolt split the big tree in front of her apartment (we’re on the 6th floor which happened to be a good thing) as the tree split in half and fell across towards the front entrance. I glanced over to the first neighbor and was speechless. That wasn’t the end.
- Next thing you know the lightning hit the building and knocked out the electricity which accomplished two things.
- One, the fire alarms started screeching and those suckers are loud and I am hard of hearing so I can only imagine how people who can hear must have felt and….
- Two, when the fire alarms go off the elevators shut down for a fire.
- My neighbor hands me my phone and says, “Make the call, you aren’t going anywhere!”
I don’t know if we had high water, but we sure had Hell. The divine guy upstairs wasn’t amused at what I said I guess.
And even if was crazy enough to go out in that weather, I can’t walk down 5 flights of stairs to the bottom floor with a walker and if I didn’t get struck by the crazy lightning if I could get out of the door, my windshield wipers on my car do not work thus I wouldn’t have been able to see to drive.
Needless to say, someone was determined I was going to keep this mop of hair for now.
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses
New Author’s Website – http://www.tessadeanauthor.com
Author – Old Writing – http://www.finallyawriter.com
About my life – http://www.tessacandoit.com
Author of a book published on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
I am also a youtuber in the authortube section on writing. See my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSpNS-6gfJ0s8eD1berLwQg
I am now following and streaming on Twitch.tv. Find me under www.twitch.tv/tessadeanauthor