For visually challenged writers, the image shows a black traditional style lamppost set beside a stone pathway in amongst some hedging.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
By Tessa Dean April 2022
Cathie watched in shock as her sister, Anjolie, and Mark, the man who was supposed to be her fiance, stopped at the opening in the walkway next to the lamp post and shared a passionate kiss. Anjolie pushed him away but didn’t stop him when he went to kiss her again.
Cathie couldn’t believe her sister was kissing Mark so passionately. She barely protested. They were so involved in their kiss that neither noticed Cathie watching them.
Cathie walked up to them and, after shouting “Creep!” she threw her engagement ring at Mark. She spat on her sister and left. Looking back, she found them on the ground, searching for the ring. It was obvious who was more important to him. He didn’t come after her. He just kept searching for the ring. With any luck, it bounced off of him and landed in the drainage grate. It would serve him right.
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses
New Author’s Website – http://www.tessadeanauthor.wordpress.com
Author – Old Writing – http://www.finallyawriter.wordpress.com
About my life – http://www.tessacandoit.wordpress.com
Author of a book published on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
I am also a youtuber in the authortube section on writing. See my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSpNS-6gfJ0s8eD1berLwQg
I am now following and streaming on Twitch.tv. Find me under www.twitch.tv/tessadeanauthor