For visually challenged writers, the image shows a grey wooden traditional door set amongst some stone walls.
The regulars already know this bit, but for those that don’t:
- Each Thursday at Noon GMT I will post the #writephoto prompt
- Use the image and prompt as inspiration to create a post on your own blog… poetry, prose, humour… light or dark, whatever you choose, as long as it is fairly family-friendly.
- Please have your entries linked back to the original prompt post by the following Tuesday at Noon GMT.
- Link back to this post with a pingback (Hugh has an excellent tutorial here) and/or leave a link in the comments below, to be included in the round-up.
- Please click their links to visit the blogs of other contributors and take time to read and comment on their work.
- Use the #writephoto hashtag in your title so your posts can be found.
- There is no word limit and no style requirements, except that your post must take inspiration from the image and/or the prompt word given in the title of this post.
- Feel free to use #writephoto logo or include the prompt photo in your post if you wish, or you may replace it with one of your own to illustrate your work.
- By participating in the #writephoto challenge, please be aware that your post may be featured as a reblog on this blog and I will link to your post for the round-up each week.
Behind the Door!
By Tessa Dean May 2022
Walking along the outer stone wall we wondered what was behind it. The wall was too tall to see over and so we kept on walking along the outside and eventually, we came to a very small door. My husband Troy and I wondered what was behind the wall, but the little door was too small for us to go through. We wondered if it would even open. Troy played with the door latch and finally got it open, but we still couldn’t see what was inside as there was a wall a couple of feet inside the door and it blocked our vision.
Our 3-year-old daughter could fit inside of the doorway, but we were afraid she wouldn’t listen to us and just glance inside and come right back out. We didn’t dare chance it and had to find another way to find out what was behind the wall. We walked all the way around and found another door this one was adult-sized and we were able to enter and see all the beautiful flowers that were growing inside along with lots of waterfalls. It was beautiful. I am so glad we were able to finally see what was behind the door and walls.
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses
New Author’s Website – http://www.tessadeanauthor.wordpress.com
Author – Old Writing – http://www.finallyawriter.wordpress.com
About my life – http://www.tessacandoit.wordpress.com
Author of a book published on the blog, https://tessacandoit.wordpress.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
I am also a youtuber in the authortube section on writing. See my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSpNS-6gfJ0s8eD1berLwQg
I am now following and streaming on Twitch.tv. Find me under www.twitch.tv/tessadeanauthor